Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Recycling in Copenhagen

I thought I would do a little piece on how the locals recycle here in Copenhagen. I collected some bottles (don't worry Mom and Dad they aren't mine) and photographed the process of turning them in for money. The used bottles, take note of the little recycle symbol on the side. Only these bottles can be exchanged for money.


You take the bottles to any grocery store where you will find this type of machine. You place the bottles in and it adds up how much money you will receive in return. Each bottle is usually the equivalent of 20 cents but some plastic or glass bottles are worth more. It prints out a receipt that you hand to a cashier who will give you money. I feel that the system here is much more effective and actually pays off if you save/collect bottles. I've been able to buy eggs and milk for the week off of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment