Monday, December 14, 2009

Traditional Danish Party / Julie's Birthday

Last Saturday was my good friend Julie's birthday party. I went over early to help her set up and we cleaned and set the table. Of course, all the Danes arrived promptly at 6:30 and dinner was served an hour later. I thought since we were keeping to such a rigid schedule that most guests would leave by midnight, but most of us happily stayed until 3 in the morning! Happy Birthday Julie!!

Julie preparing the welcome drinks




Julie's boyfriend Jesper cooked the entire meal except the gravy which Julie's mom made. She is famous for it and after tasting it I understood why!


The main course, very Danish. Pork with the rinds attached, sweetened potatoes, brown potatoes, red cabbage and beets. Delicious!




The dessert 'pancake' which is pretty much a crepe with ice cream and syrup on top.



Julie, Jesper and Martin.





Nicholas, Ida, Mikkel and I





No comments:

Post a Comment