Monday, November 2, 2009

Oslo, Norway

I just returned yesterday from the mini cruise to Oslo, Norway. About 400 exchange students boarded the Pearl of Scandinavia in Copenhagen to spend a couple days at sea. I stayed in a cabin with Sofie and two other girls. We had a gala dinner with a three course meal, dances, and of course spent a day touring Oslo. It was a small enough city where I felt like I saw almost everything in about 5 hours. We got off the boat at 9:30am and my apartment neighbors Sofie and Roald and I visited the Sculpture Park, the Royal Palace, the main square, an old cemetary, and the opera house. It was a wonderful experience to be on a boat with so many students and explore a new city.

After the gala dinner they served us coffee with cognac in the lounge. I felt very classy with my friends! This is Theresa from Germany and Sofie from Belgium.


The new opera house


Look at these socks Mom!! I came across a market with a bunch of knitted pieces and really liked these baby socks. The lady asked me if I had knitted my hand warmers and I told her no but that my mom was an expert knitter. : )



The famous sculpture park. This was huge, with big forests and a bridge lined with art. I liked it because it was not just a tourist attraction. The locals were out and about walking their dogs.

One of the pieces


Sofie outside of the Royal Palace


We walked through the neighborhoods to get to the sculpture park. It was so quiet, I didn't feel like I was in a busy city.


The Royal Palace

I'll be leaving this week to travel around England and France with some Brazilian friends. I am going to try and post during the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment