Thursday, November 12, 2009

Versailles





Today we visited the amazing, massive Versailles castle. I was shocked by its size and opulence! We walked through the grand apartments, snuck into the Dauphine`s rooms, and explored the gardens. I wondered what it would have been like to be Marie Antoinette! One cannot imagine living in such luxury until they visit the palace. I will of course post many more pictures when I return to Copenhagen. The first is a view of the castle from the gardens, followed by Marie Antoinette`s bedrooom, and one of the drawing rooms of the castle.

1 comment:

  1. My family lives 10 min away from the palace! When I went to visit them, they dropped me off there so I could entertain myself. PFAHA, entertain myself! If only the Palace of Versailles were in OUR backyard...but no, we have South Central. Lol. Ahh looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete